Ayesha Cheema, MD
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 2:15 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 2:15 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 2:15 pm|
About the Doctor
Specialty: Internal Medicine
Medical School: Allama Iqbal Medical College,
Residency: Internal Medicine
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center,
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Fellowship: Geriatric Medicine
Montefiore Medical Center,
North Division, New York, NY, USA
Post Graduate Research: Post-Doctoral Research Scientist, Department of Medicine,
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University,
New York, NY, USA
Position: Primary Care Physician at Lakeview Internal Medicine
Languages spoken: English, Urdu and Punjabi
- Sehgal, R; McHayleh, W; Reider, J; Cheema, A.F., Ramanathan, R. Adenocarcinoma of colon presenting as Cushing’s syndrome. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2010 Mar 10;28(8):e126-7.
- Petrescu O, Cheema A.F, Fan X, Bradbury MW, Berk PD. Differences in adipocyte long chain fatty acid uptake in Osborne-Mendel and S5B/Pl rats in response to high-fat diets. Int J Obes (Lond). 2008 May; 32(5):853-62.
- Chritian A.H., Cheema A.F., Smith S.C., Mosca L. Predictors of Quality of Life Among Women with Coronary Heart Qual Life Res. 2007 Apr; 16(3):363-73.
- Topkara V.K, Dang NC, Martens T, Cheema FH, Liu JF, Liang LM, Cheema A.F, Barili F, Oz M.C., Naka Y. Effect of Diabetes on Short and Long-Term Outcomes Following Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation, J Heart Lung Transplant. 2005 Dec; 24(12):2048-53.
- Topkara VK, Cheema FH, Kesavaramanujam S, Mercando ML, Cheema A.F, Namerow PB, Argenziano M, Naka Y, Oz MC, Esrig BC. Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting in patients with Low Ejection Fraction, Circulation. 2005 Aug 30; 112(9 Suppl):I344-50.
- Kesavaramanujam S., Vigilance D.W., Namerow P.B., Mercando M.L., Cheema A.F, Esrig B. Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting in patients with Low Ejection Fraction, October 2004; Volume 110, No. 17, Abstract 2926 [Abstract].
- Kherani A.R., Cheema FH, Oz M.C., Topkara V.K., Wilson D.A., Cheema A.F., Vigilance D.W., Morgan J.A., Garrido M., Naka Y. The Hub-and-Spoke System in Treating Acute Cardiogenic Shock: Who Survives? The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. Jan 2003; Volume: 22, Number: 1S, Page: S198 [Abstract].
Dr. Ayesha Cheema graduated from one of the top medical schools in Pakistan. She has a nine year old son. Her guilty pleasure is buying shoes. She enjoys reading, traveling and attending zumba classes. If she had not chosen to become a doctor, she would have been teaching English literature or working as a foreign diplomat.