Hashani M Perkins, MD
|Monday||8:00 am - 4:45 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 4:45 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 4:45 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 4:45 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 4:45 pm|
About the Doctor
Specialty: Internal Medicine
Medical School: University of Tennessee
Health Science Center
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Residency: General Surgery
University of South Florida
Department of Surgery
Position: Primary Care Physician at Lakeview Internal Medicine
Languages Spoken: English and Spanish
- Synergistic Effect of Combined Hollow Viscus Injuries on Intra-Abdominal Abscess Formation, Abstract Submitted to the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress 2014.
- Caspase-3 Gene Silencing for Improved Islet Transplantation, Alpha Omega Alpha Poster-day University of Tennessee Health Science Center Memphis, Tennessee U.S.A, 2011.
- Mid-South Scholarship (2009 – 2013)
- National Institution of Health Summer Research Fellowship Program (2010)
- SMART Academic Grant (2008 – 2009)
- Southern Virginia Outstanding Student Award (2007 – 2008)
- Jacobsen Scholarship (2007 – 2008)
Dr. Perkins enjoys reading anything, such as a good book or watching a good movie. Most people do not know that he was once a DJ. The career he would have chosen if he were not a doctor he would have been a PC technician. His favorite restaurant is Sotto Sotto, located in Atlanta Georgia. His hidden talent is grilling and BBQ. He enjoys playing soccer. He considers himself athletic and his favorite sports team is Liverpool. He was inspired to become a doctor by his 7th grade teacher who believed in him.