Shahbaz A Cheema, MD
|Monday||8:15 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am - 4:15 pm|
Mount Dora Office (441)
|Wednesday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
Laurel Manor Office
|Friday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
About the Doctor
Specialty : Internal Medicine
Medical School: The Agha Khan University
Internship: Easton Hospital (affiliated with Hahnemann University in Philadelphia, PA)
Easton, PA, USA
- Primary Care Physician at Lakeview Internal Medicine
- CEO & Co-Founder of Lakeview Internal Medicine
Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine
Languages Spoken: English, Urdu and Punjabi
- “Investigation of steady state Membrane Potential in the rat Soleus Muscle.”John Curtin School of Medical Research, Department of Electrophysiology, Australian National University.
- “The Cycle of Domestic Violence.” Presented at the 2nd Global Health and Human Rights Conference at Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA.
- “Preterm Labor, Management and Outcome of Medical Students” at Instanbul, Turkey.
- “The Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices regarding the Hepatits B Virus in school going children.”
- “Sanjiv Mangi Award” and $1000 given at Easton Hospital for resident scoring highest on the service exam. (98th Percentile)
- “Begum Shafiqa Zia-ul-Haq (wife of Pakistan’s President) Scholarship granted st Aga Khan University in 1994-1996 for best Academic Performance.
- Silver Medal and cash prize of $1500 from Broken Hill Priority Science Competition in Australia.
- Gold Medal in field of Biology at the 40th Science and Engerneering Fair, Pittsburgh, PA. Worldwide applicants were > one million.
- Cash prize of Rs 5000 awarded by Pakistan’s Science Foundation.
- Certificate of Merit in Writers Competition Canberra Times 1990.
Dr. Cheema likes to spend his down time with family, playing tennis, swimming, off road ATVing, and skeet shooting. He considers himself athletic and enjoys watching boxing and tennis. His favorite restaurant is Bone Fish Grill and Outback Steakhouse. His guilty pleasure is building model planes, helicopters, and tanks with his son. The career he would have chosen if he were not a doctor would have been an engineer, but he was inspired to become a doctor by his family members.